Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Observation 1 and 2

For the 1st observation I created a sequencing lesson off of The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, which happened to be one of my favorite books growing up. The students seemed to really enjoy the book. For the activity I created a sequencing booklet where the students would be the illustrator of their own page but then as a group they would have to put the book together. The students worked well together and seemed to enjoy the activity.

Funny moment: I was reading the book to the students and in the story I was asking questions to the students after I would read a page to make sure they were paying attention and to also check for comprehension. One question I asked and I am not sure where this question came from( keep in mind students also had there hands already raised from the previous question).... but I blurted out while my Field Supervisor was in the room...."What would you want to do if some one was being mean to you?" One student threw his hand down and said, "Oh boy.... I'm not answering that one." WOW!! I wanted to seriously laugh out loud but I knew I had to somehow change the question around. And I said, "How "SHOULD" you respond when someone is being mean to you?" After that instance I thought I would surely have bombed the observation but I actually did really well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment